MacAdmins logo

In a few short days, the fourth annual Penn State MacAdmins Conference will begin. The conference brings together people from all types of industries to discuss the trials and adventures of administrating Macs. While we share the beautiful sights of the Penn Stater Conference Center and the rolling hills of Centre County, we will also share stories and lessons learned. I am looking forward to hearing of the adventures of our Mac community, and the unique methods used to navigate through them. There are always teachable moments that we encounter in our work and having the opportunity to share them with others makes the conference great!

We’re also incorporating a Boot Camp day, which is designed to get new-to-Mac administrators up to speed on Mac specific computer administration terminology. I’m excited to moderate a couple of the Boot Camp sessions, including Configuration and Management & Maintenance.  I’ll also be presenting a session about Shell Scripting with BASH along side Jay Hoff on Wednesday May 22nd at 10:45 am in Room 109. We will introduce simple shell scripting concepts and provide hands on experience to help others understand how to automate common Mac administration tasks.

The convocation of the Penn State MacAdmins Conference provides a fantastic opportunity for networking with peers. I’m excited to greet familiar and new faces in less than a week, as it’s the attendees that make this conference great. If you see me during the conference, please stop me and say hello so I can say Thank You!

Tagged with →  
Share →