Members of the Penn State community can learn more about how to make web pages, documents, and course content accessible to persons with disabilities during a series of free workshops offered over the fall semester by IT Training Services. Topics include accessibility in Microsoft Office, games, courses, and STEM content such as equations and complex images, as well as EPUB as an accessible format for e-books and long PDF files.
Offerings are as follows:
- 9: Accessibility of Complex Images Clinic
OctoberDisability Awareness Month
- 8: Everyday Accessibility: How to Create Accessible Content as an Instructor
- 21: Accessibility in Word and PowerPoint 2013
- 22: Educational Gaming Brown Bag: Can Games and Accessibility Play on the Same Team?
- 28: Accessibility and MathML: Leveraging LaTeX, MathJax and Equation Editors to Build Accessible Equations
- 29: Accessibility Clinic: Interpreting Accessibility Test Reports and Methods of Manual Testing
- 12: Accessibility Presentation: Using EPUB to Create Accessible eBooks
For workshop registration links, visit http://accessibility.psu.edu/eventslist/.