Anyone in the Penn State community is invited to attend a series of accessibility workshops offered in October to learn to make web pages, course content, and documents accessible for persons with disabilities.
Most workshops will be offered via a Zoom desktop videoconference. To register for each session, click the title below. You may be prompted to log in using your Penn State Access Account. Topics will include:
- Accessibility: Beyond ALT Tags and Captions
Tuesday, Oct. 3, 10–11 a.m.
- Accessibility: Accessible Design with Adobe Captivate
Wednesday, Oct. 18, 11 a.m.–noon
- Optimizing Word and PowerPoint Files
Friday, Oct. 20, 8:30–11:30 a.m., 23 Willard Building, University Park
- Accessibility: Using Kurzweil 3000 to Meet Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Goals
Monday, Oct. 23, 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Accessibility: Accessible Equations with MathML for Canvas and Other Platforms
Thursday, Oct. 26, 10–11 a.m.
- Accessibility: Designing with Empathy Using Personas
Thursday, Oct. 26, 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Accessibility: Screen Reader Testing on Mobile Devices
Friday, Oct. 27, 1:30–3:30 p.m.
In addition to these workshops, any Penn State staff and faculty group can request custom training sessions on accessibility topics by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The October accessibility workshops are offered by Penn State Teaching and Learning with Technology and World Campus.