Because of the breadth of support provided by TLT, we fill assistantships with students having a wide variety of skill sets and give them real project experience. For example, our current assistantships include:
- Research and maintenance of the Website at http://accessibility.psu.edu and development and delivery of training events for multiple audiences at Penn State
- Identifying emerging trends in educational technology by performing scholarly research and perform qualitative analysis of existing texts
- Survey research and statistical analysis for assessment of our services such as Adobe Connect, student labs and technology classrooms, Blogs at Penn State, etc.
- Assess and implement the Media Commons and the Educational Gaming Commons initiatives
To apply, you will be required to submit:
- The online application form.
- A cover letter that includes discussion of (1) your skills and relevant experience and (2) your interest in educational technologies for the position for which you are applying.
- A current resume or CV.
- Names and contact information for two references.
- Specific examples as defined in the full position posting (this could include programming samples, multimedia samples, writing samples, etc, as fits the position).
Each position will remain posted and applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. You will be contacted for an interview if your materials are complete and indicate you have the requisite skills for the position.
Currently, for the fall 2014 semester, Teaching and Learning with Technology has filled all of its assistantships. This page will be updated with any changes or new assistantships as they become available.
Other openings throughout our larger unit, Information Technology Services, are listed on the Jobs in ITS web page.