Welcome to the Dreamery—Penn State Teaching and Learning with Technology’s (TLT) co-learning laboratory. In the ground level of Shields Building, the Dreamery is designed and built for faculty to explore all the ways emerging and media technologies can intersect with and amplify teaching and research. It is a dynamic and ever-evolving space used for project work, events, classroom activities, research projects, exploration, play, collaboration, studying, and more. Students can also take advantage of the technology resources in the space. New and innovative work is always happening at the Dreamery.
With the Dreamery in high demand, TLT’s goal is to ensure efficient and effective use of the space for faculty and students as well as help shape the kinds of events held in the Dreamery. We consult on and accommodate the following types of events at the Dreamery: faculty-led retreats and workshops, tours of the Dreamery space for Penn State groups, TLT events and workshops, class workshops led by TLT staff in collaboration with faculty, and research opportunities incorporating emerging technology.
TLT is actively pursuing opportunities to build awareness about the Dreamery, as well as share information about professional development opportunities and services that TLT provides to the Penn State community. We do not require any fees for reserving the Dreamery. Instead, we like to share information about all that TLT can offer to your group and for the Penn State community. Our goal is to help drive digital innovation and transform education. TLT builds partnerships and strengthens relationships. Please consider allowing TLT staff 10 minutes in your event agenda to provide information to your group about TLT services.
The Dreamery reservation and room policies:
- The Dreamery is available for reservation requests Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- For reservation requests of the Dreamery, please fill out and submit the reservation form found at the link below at least two weeks before the requested reservation date with details about the event.
- TLT allows food in the Dreamery. TLT does not fulfill activities associated with event planning and set-up. Groups reserving the Dreamery will be responsible for their event planning, including purchasing of food and beverages, set-up of the event, and clean-up before leaving the space.
- TLT does not provide tech support for the Dreamery. TLT is not able to accommodate requests for live streaming or video recording. Groups are welcome to bring their video equipment and operators.
- Other areas of the Dreamery may also be in use during your event by people outside of your group; for example, the 3D printers or VR areas may have activities happening. TLT encourages effective and efficient use of the space. Think of your reservation as having a dedicated table in a busy coffee shop.
- During the booking, groups are welcome to reconfigure the furniture to meet their needs. Technology in the Dreamery is available for use. Please share details about your event so TLT can accommodate with appropriate reservations. Once your event ends, and before the reserving group leaves the Dreamery, please return all furniture to its original location.
- TLT is unable to accommodate regularly recurring events like monthly staff meetings.
- The Dreamery has a room capacity of 49 people.
Explore Other Learning Spaces Projects
Cutting-edge digital displays, interactive technologies, and moveable furniture join together in 101 Althouse Laboratory to create an experimental classroom where innovation and excellence meet.
There is a learning space at University Park designed specifically for 360° video creation and viewing as well as other immersive technology and experiences – the Immersive Experience (IMEX) Lab.